Tabs let users easily move through related sections of content, showing one section at a time.
Tabs are a useful way of letting users quickly switch between related information. They help by hiding sections of content which the user can choose to reveal.
When using tabs:
- Only one option can be selected at a time
- Once an option is selected, the results should display immediately
- The first tab should be the most relevant to users
- They should only be used for related information
- Users should be able to complete tasks under each tab without having to jump back and forth between tabs
- Be clear in your labels about what content is in each section
- Start your tab labels with a capital letter
- Don’t use commas or any punctuation at the end of each label
- Don’t use more than two words per label